Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yarn Along -29 June 2011

I have a new project to share this week for Ginny's Yarn Along.  I know what you are thinking, Paula really doesn't need a new project.  But next week I'll share with you the reason why I needed to start this project.

This is a really cool version of an Elizabeth Zimmerman pattern (big surprise I know).  It's a blanket made from the centre out and with short row corners.  I really love the way it is knitting.  I could see making a lot of these  :)  And yes, those balls are the same colour/dye lot.  They were just wound from different spots in the colour pattern.  If I was using these for socks I would have picked two balls that looked more matched.  But for this pattern it doesn't matter.




I'm reading a sewing book, Sewing Clothes Kids Love: Sewing Patterns and Instructions for Boys' and Girls' Outfits"".   Ella would absolutely love anything in this book.  It also shows how I'm not creative.  A creative person would look at a book like this and think of all the wonderful things they could make.  I look at it and see pictures to copy and wonder how I will ever find material like the picture.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Next week? A little teaser!!!!