Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Yarn Along -18 May 2011 -Christmas Present Number 2


This is Christmas present number 2.  And this time I can tell you who it's for because my Mom doesn't have internet and doesn't read the blog.    It's a shawl for Grandma Hattie (aka Mom).  It's made from Misti Alpaca.  I know what you are thinking, isn't this the Mom that's 'allergic' to alpaca and you would be right.  But this shawl will be worn over clothes (most likely sweatshirt and turtleneck) and not against her bare skin.  It will be nice for snuggling in her new reclining chair and 'watching' tv.  I'm using another pattern out of my Sock Yarn One Skein Wonder book, it's the Petal Shawlette.  It's working up nicely, but I'm glad I'm used to reading charts.  I certainly wouldn't suggest this pattern for a novice chart knitter -at least no without a highlighter and a ruler.

I rarely (never) buy a knitting book just because Ella wanted it, but this book is the exception.  I bought  Spud and Chloe at the Farm.  It has to be one of the cutest books I've seen.  Of course Ella wants me to make one of everything.  Maybe she'll get a set for her birthday.

This is what happens when you drink too much Coke and then can't sleep.  You get to be number 6 over at Ginny's Small Things Yarn Along.  Head over and see what everyone else is making -when it's a reasonable hour  :)

No comments: