Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Yarn Along -11 May 2011


This week's Yarn Along isn't a project on my needles.  I have to do some sewing before I can get back to the knitting part.  The purse is coming along nicely.  I found that I can knit all 4 parts of each square on double-pointed needles -instead of making 4 pieces and sewing them to make a square.  I did change the last few rows though.  The moss stitch in the pattern was much too tight, so I put in a couple of rows of yo, p2tog.  I'll have to make notes on my Ravelry page.

I'm 'reading' Sewing Clothes Kids Love: Sewing Patterns and Instructions for Boys' and Girls' Outfits .  Wow, it has some really cool clothes.  I'll have to get some basic clothes finished for Ella before I make any of these.  Though I'm sure the patterns will look just as nice without all the embellishment.  I like the shapes of the dresses.  I also like that the book goes to size 12, so many books stop about 6.


Looks like we finally have a barn cat that's good at caring for her kittens not just good at having kittens. Midnight is taking good care of her babies.







The kittens are getting so big.  They fit easily in my hand the last time we were out for a visit.  Now at 2 weeks they are looking great.  Midnight seemed a little bothered by us this day, so I snapped a couple of quick pictures and we put the babies back.

No comments: