Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Dress

I finally gave in and tried a new pattern.  I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it turned out.  I haven't had much luck with new patterns lately.  This is a Simplicity pattern and I was able to make the 16 with only minor alterations.  I realize it's a little cool for a sun dress, but soon the disgusting hot weather will return.  I think I'll make this dress again and try the cap sleeve, my bra straps show with the sun dress (before pinning) and the cap sleeve will be just as cool.  It gets so hot and humid around here breezy dresses are a must.
 

Ella took the picture for me.  Please excuse the mess at my feet, it's groceries that haven't been carried to the cellar yet  :)

Today is my Mom's birthday!!  She's 64.  I'm so glad Mom moved up here when Colin and I got married.  She and Ella have such a wonderful relationship.  Mom is such a help, I don't know what I'd do without her. 
Happy Birthday Mom!!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Maybe that's it! I'm just afraid to try new patterns! I like it!!!

Happy Birthday to your Mom!!!