Monday, March 28, 2011

Second Annual Knitting & Crochet Blog Week -day One


This is my first year participating in the Knitting & Crochet Blog week.  I thought it might be fun to have a theme for each days post.  So here we go.

Chose 2 yarns that I love or hate:

Berroco Vintage -this yarn is 50% acrylic, 40% wool and 10% nylon and is reasonably priced.  This is such a beautiful yarn to work with and has great colour selection.  I've used it for a couple of projects.  This is Ella's red shrug.  It is a beautiful colour red, the computer doesn't do it justice.  Even though it has a fair bit of wool in it, the Vintage is very soft and comfy -it has to be or else Ella wouldn't wear it.   I'm in the midst of another Vintage project, cable socks for an unnamed person.  I like the way they are knitting up but have yet to see how well they wear for socks.
Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Sock Yarn Fingering -this yarn is 50% alpaca, 30% merino, 10% silk, and 10% nylon.  I have a hard time not buying more of this wool every time I'm at my favourite LYS.  The colourways are so beautiful.  Have you felt this wool?  It is so soft.  I have 3 skeins of colour 09.  It is a mixture of loden green/brown/mustard brown/rust/wine/mallard blue.  I'm planning on making the Sontag from Piecework.  This is another version, but will give you the idea.  The gauge isn't quite right, but I hope to make it work.  Otherwise I will have to make my own pattern and I'm still new at that.

No comments: