Sunday, November 7, 2010

Christmas Countdown -Week Three

The cleaning and preparing continues.  Here's what's up for this week:

Zone 3: Bathroom & Ella's Room
  • Wash light fixture, shower curtain and floor.
  • Wash windows.
  • Wash mattress cover.
  • Sweep under bed & shake out/vacuum rugs.
  • Write and address one-fifth of the Christmas card list.
  • Finish all catalogue shopping.
  • Finish making all gift lists.
  • List all gifts to make. Jot down needed materials and add to master shopping list.
  • Begin working on “to make” gifts this week. I must make one-fourth of the gift each week.  
To Buy This Week:
  • Continue Christmas gift shopping. Purchase one-fifth of the list.
  • Buy any materials and supplies for “to make” list.
  • Buy any wrapping supplies needed.


There are no forms needed for this week.  I make a lot of Christmas cookies and I may start making the doughs and putting them in the freezer for later baking.  This really helps cut down on work during Advent.

4 comments:

Diann said...

I get worn out just reading your Christmas "To Do" list, LOL

Paula said...

To be honest, I don't get everything done every year. It's also why I start in November, that way I can have the house shiny before the decorations come out and so I only have to do maintenance cleaning in December. I had a busy week last week and actually have a bunch of kitchen cleaning left for this week.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Oh man, I need to make a list! Maybe I wouldn't feel as stressed out.

Paula said...

Definitely make a list. I would go insane without them. Whenever I start to feel overwhelmed by everything, I just check the list and see how much I really 'have' to do this week and don't worry about the rest. I know it's all on the list so will get to it eventually.