We're working in the main living/family room this week.
To Do This Week:
- Vacuum everywhere. Especially under chesterfield cushions.
- Clean light fixtures.
- Wash windows.
- Clean behind heavy furniture before decorating.
- Dust thoroughly
- Write and address one-fifth of the Christmas card list.
- Complete one-fourth of the “to make” list.
- Fill out a holiday menu planner form for each remaining holiday meal.
- Inventory the freezer, and record its contents on the freezer inventory form. Plan to eat from the freezer this week and next to make room for holiday meals and goodies. Use food budget savings to stock up on holiday staples.
- Start planning holiday baking and be alert to supermarket specials. Try to buy non-perishable holiday foods this week and next.
- Do a mini freezer cooking session to put 5 to 10 premade entrees into the freezer. Use these meals on busy December evenings.
- Prepare for drop-in visitors. Have holiday treats ready.
- Purchase one-fifth of all Christmas gifts.
- Purchase non-perishable holiday foods.
Holiday Menu for Christmas Eve
Fix our family favorites; this is not the time to experiment on them!
Put the ingredients on my shopping list. Mark them off as I have pre-purchased these items.
Keep it simple and something I can make ahead
Party Planner Forms
|Food and Beverages:||Budget:||Cost:||Total:|
|Decotations and Supplies:||Budget:||Cost:||Total:|
|Postage for invitations|
|Entertainment and Bar:|
|Beverages: Holiday Baking Planner (for example)|