- Check smoke detectors on Monday .
- Empty and clean out refrigerator, microwave and stove.
- Wash down counters, cupboards and door frames.
- Wash windows.
- Clean ceiling fan.
- Wash floor.
- Divide Christmas card list into 5 groups. Write and address one group.
- Do a quick decor declutter to make holiday decorations more impressive. This really does make a difference.
- Make a family wardrobe check. Fill in family wardrobe worksheet. Put any “To Buy” items on shopping list.
- Perform a tabletop check. Inventory serving pieces, table linens, china and flatware. Will I be ready to set a holiday table? Does anything need polished?
- Establish good health habits to cushion our family from holiday stress.
- Begin Christmas gift shopping. Divide master list into 5 groups. Purchase gifts for one-fifth of the list. Wrap gifts as they are purchased. Keep a running total on the budget form.