Thursday, September 30, 2010

Busy Weekend

So busy it has taken me until today to post about it  :)

We had a beautiful trip down to Scarborough.  I love autumn, the colours are beautiful.  The temperature didn't feel very fallish though, it was hot and humid.  Luckily the car and Auntie Belinda's have air conditioning.   This scene was taken just outside a little place called Denbigh, on the way to Bancroft.






We had lunch in Kinmount.  It's funny to stop here to eat on the way down to Bowmanville.  As kids, we always stopped in Kinmount for "breakfast" on the way up to the cottage.   Who knew I'd end up living some where further north than 'up north'.

We stopped by Great Grandma's and had a nice visit.  It's so hard to get the three of them to smile at the same time.  Yes, it is hot, you just wouldn't know it from this picture.  I obviously get my love of cool temperatures from other members of my family.

Saturday we didn't plan too much.  We found a place to get Ella her first pair of highland shoes or ghillies.  They are so small.  We also went to the Yorkdale shopping mall.  Ella was able to see the Rainforest Cafe.  We often see commercials for the restaurant.  We didn't eat there, it's very expensive and very very loud.


See the little guy sitting on my lap?  My Mom looked after Thomas and his 2 older sisters since they were born.  I was 14 when he was born so he was like a little brother to me, in fact Thomas was an usher at our wedding.  Well, some how he's managed to be old enough to get married!!!  I don't know how that happened.   It was a very small, civil service so we couldn't go to the wedding.  Thomas' mom had a reception on Sunday in Bowmanville.  It was so nice to see everyone again.  Ella had a great time too, her little friend Max was at the party.  They had fun playing all afternoon.

Since my Mom was digging through the pictures I thought I'd share this one.


No comments: