Saturday, December 5, 2009

Knit Fun


Thought I'd share with you my latest knitting obsession. I love love love making these knitted dolls. I've already made 3 1/2 of them and am trying to think of more people who 'need' one :) These come from the Jean Greenhowe book Little Gift Dolls. I've been using Kroy sock wool and it's been working well. I might try with a sport weight wool next. These are great because I can use up all the bits and pieces leftover from my other obsession -sock knitting. The dolly on the left is our Christmas elf. She's going to be making an appearance soon to keep tabs on behaviour here at the house. She'll make a report back to Santa before Christmas. The one on the right is for my stepmother. We're stopping by dad's on the way home from Christmas in Bowmanville, so we need gifts. My stepmother Linda makes/collects dolls so I think she will really like the Christmas angel. I need to finish one up for Ella, I'll post it another day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dolls are cute! I need to stretch myself and knit things beyond leg warmers, hats and dish clothes! I knew of a family who did something similar with an elf, it was found each day in different places around the house, I think who ever found it got a little treat.

Diann said...

Oh Paula, those are just way too cute! I love them! :)

Niki said...

Oh Paula so cute! I just had a good browse around her website and I love it! I'm going to make some for Henry in the New Year...
Thanks for sharing
Niki

Paula said...

They are so addictive too. I use my double pointed needles as much as possible so I don't have to sew so many seams. I've got my eye on a couple other of her books. They are good for a break between (or during) big projects.