Saturday, June 5, 2021

Crazy Weather

 What's the weather doing where you are? It can't seem to make up it's mind. We got so cold last week that Colin actually lit the furnace again! We've got the a/c back on and I'm so very glad because they are already talking 35C/95F with the humidity. My asthma is acting up today, so I'm so very grateful that I don't have to fight the humidity too.

I've got a bit of sewing done. So many of my dresses are getting worn out. Far too worn for going to town.



I had a lot of trouble with this dress. The original top didn't fit, still not sure how considering it was a custom pattern? So I pulled out my old faithful Folkwear dirndl pattern and changed it to fit the skirt, which was already cut out. I hand inserted the side zipper, which was a first for me.



See these happy, smiling faces?? That's because our whole family is now 'half' vaccinated. It has done a world of good for Ella's anxiety. Colin and Ella had rather sore arms for a few days (couldn't lift over their heads without pain/supporting the arm). I was fine. We also had really great people give us the needles. I've NEVER had a 'shot' that hurt as little as this one.

Now if only we could get some gentle rain in suitable amounts, everything would be great.  

No comments: