Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Yarn Along -10 February 2021

 I’ve had a bit of startitis since Christmas. I started with the beautiful yarn from Mom. The shawl is called “Familiars” and is based on 18th century embroidery patterns.

My second lot of Christmas yarn was from Colin and Ella. It’s yarn for a new afghan/bedspread for us. My old crocheted one feels summery. I wanted one for the winter. It’s called Persian Dreams, though I’m using sport sized yarn not worsted.

These hexagons are rather addictive. The designer made a set of extra hexagons too. I’m glad I bought those because I think they are nicer than the original ones. I’ve also got yarn to make Mom a sweater for her birthday. It’s sport sized too, so it will be a lighter sweater. I don’t have a pattern picked out for the yoke yet. I’ve actually ordered some more yarn for the pattern part. I’ll show you when they arrive.

No comments: