Tuesday, August 4, 2020

A Day Late, Again...

I’ll use the grocery header today because that’s why there was no post yesterday.  I was busy in town picking up the groceries.  I sure love ordering online.  I wish the Metro in Pembroke would do online shopping.  I also wish they would tell their employees that yes, their noses ARE attached to their lungs too, not just their mouths.  I saw a number of employees ‘wearing’ their masks with their noses hanging out.  I suffer through wearing a mask to keep them safe, they could return the favour.

What do you see in this picture that has made Colin so happy?

Nothing much planned for this week.  We continue to run into the village a couple of times a week to get unlimited internet for some video watching/downloading.  Ella’s also plugging away at her school work.  Have I mentioned how happy I am that we don’t have to make the “school/no school” decision?  Yet another bonus for homeschooling.  Though our local group is starting to get together again but from what I hear they aren’t making the kids keep distant or wear masks, so I’m not so anxious to attend yet.

Monday:

whole chicken in my air fryer -I love that I can cook a whole chicken for supper even after I’ve been in town for most of the afternoon

Tuesday:

sourdough pancakes

leftover chicken

Wednesday:

chicken salad -Pioneer Woman Cooks Dinnertime

Thursday:

??

beef and snow peas -from the Dinnertime book, IF I can find decent looking snowpeas somewhere.

Friday:

Cobb salad/egg salad sandwich for Daddy/grilled cheese for Ella -we found a great new place for goat cheese.  It melts really nicely, unfortunately they have crazy shipping  😦

leftover chicken

Saturday:

spaghetti and meatballs -Ella’s request

Sunday:

supper with friends who are just as isolated as we are, maybe more so

So did you figure out the picture?  Yep, there’s puddles in the driveway!!!!  We got about an inch of rain on Sunday and it’s drizzling again today.  Hurray!!!  Thank you God!  It’s not a lot, but it’s just in time.  The corn was literally days away from being written off as garbage/worthless.  It’s amazing how fast the grass greens up after a long awaited rain.  Our grass wasn’t as bad as some because Colin stops cutting it when it stops raining.  I swear some people must cut their grass every week because they ‘cut the grass every week’.  There is some really short, really dead grass out there.  Our last real rainfall (and it wasn’t much) was back at the end of June.  We could use another few days.  And I’m really enjoying being able to sleep well at night and I need to get some baking done.

 

More ideas at I’m an Organizing Junkie

No comments: