Monday, July 22, 2019

Holidays, Finally

Not sure why it has taken so long to get our holiday pictures up on the blog.  The days fly by and I just don’t get around to it?  Oh well, that’s summer I guess.
We headed off to our usual cottage oasis for the Canada Day long weekend.  Ella has a hard time staying for the whole time, so Grandma came out and got her early.  She’s a funny girl.  She actually misses ‘home’.  It doesn’t matter that Daddy and I are with her, she wants to be home.  Oh well, it’s only 45 minutes from home and Grandma doesn’t mind coming out and ‘rescuing’ her girl.
We were the only ones staying that weekend.  That’s always best because if the other people have kids I always seem to get stuck watching them.  One year the mother just kind of left and didn’t come back for an hour!  Luckily I’m responsible and made sure they didn’t drown or get eaten by a bear.
Ella and Daddy hard at work on their castles.  This is the ‘Kingdom of the Spoon’ and Daddy’s using his trebuchet to attack Ella.
Ella’s castle had a moat and flood protection (we often get a big rain on our holiday ‘weekend’).
Here’s a couple of Ella’s large mouth bass.  She caught a total of 6, plus random perch.
Daddy’s trying to claim this one, but it’s Ella’s.
I think this was her first one.  She was off to a slow start (far too hot) so this was a happy sight.
Daddy caught 9 from the dock.  He also caught a bunch out in the boat and a couple of nice sized pike.  But he was out on his own, so there’s no photographic evidence.
I caught 6 nice large mouth bass too.
This was Ella’s last morning at the cottage.  Daddy went out in the boat and she didn’t feel like it.  So we hung out, snuggled, and talked in the shade shack.  I spent lots of time in there on holidays.  It was nice to be able to knit/read without being covered in sunscreen and bug spray.  There was a nice enough breeze that make it fairly comfortable too.  BTW I love my new phone (Samsung A8), it has voice activated picture taking.  That makes selfies so much easier.  It was very hard to push the button, hold the camera still, and hold the camera out as far as my little arms will reach.
Last weekend the girls went to Uncle Dennis’ cottage in Tory Hill.  He needed Grandma to come and watch Great Grandma while he went to a cottage association meeting.  It’s only 2.5 hours from home, so why not!
If you remember, Saturday was ridiculously hot.  Ella brought her bathing suit.  The lake is really deep, but it was so hot it felt wonderful.
My Grandma (Great Grandma) is really changed since Christmas.  We were lucky and she remembered everyone during our visit.  That was my biggest worry.  It’s a good thing I came along, because there’s no way my Mom would have gotten Grandma out of her chair by herself.
Great Grandma turns 89 on Sunday.

No comments: