Monday, April 1, 2019

Menu Plan Monday -1 April 2019

No, this is NOT an April’s Fools day trick.  This is what we woke up to Sunday morning!  Actually, Sunday morning started at 5:30 when we woke up and realized the power had been off.  A look outside and Colin hurried out and had to shovel 2 feet of snow off the machine shed roof.  The power went out again which left him shoveling in the dark.  There’s about a foot of snow on the ground.  He then had to spend the afternoon blowing out everyone else’s driveways.  I sure wish some of Mom’s neighbours over in Beachburg would help out and do her driveway once in a while.
No real plans this week.  I’d like to get Ella together with her friend Landon in town because they might be moving very, very far away.  That’s going to break Ella’s heart because Landon is her best friend and her ‘knight in shining armour’ when the other kids suck.  They weren’t military so I didn’t see this coming.
I usually do my menu planning/grocery list for the month.  For some reason this weekend I just wasn’t ‘in the mood’.  I’ve only got about a week and a half worth of meals on the calendar.  Oh well, I’ll get in the usual sort of supplies and I’m sure we won’t starve.  I did make the roast chicken yesterday, though I managed to burn the dressing in the crock pot.
Monday:
beef dip -Ella really enjoyed these (so did I)
Tuesday:
hot chicken sandwiches
Wednesday:
chicken enchiladas -Pioneer Woman
Thursday:
Friday:
leftover enchiladas
Saturday:
leftover pot pie
Sunday:

More great ideas at I’m an Organizing Junkie

No comments: