Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Yarn Along/Crafting On -18 September 2018

A bit of progress to share this week for Yarn Along/Crafting On.  I’ve lucked out and the Pembroke library has started a knit night.  It’s Mondays while Ella’s at Pathfinders.  Now I won’t have to sit in the car in the cold all winter.  Last week I was the only person, but this week there was a nice group, including my friend Karen.
I’ve started the ribbing on Grandma’s socks.  I’ve nearly finished Ella’s one sock(need daylight to do tubular cast off in black) and I’ve got the second one started.
I gave up on the Mary Lincoln book.  It just kept bogging down and wasn’t fun.  I’ve got too many other books to keep reading that kind of book.
I did enjoy my next Kindle book
It’s fiction based on real people and what happened to them during and after the Titanic.
This one is sort of a biography set as fiction.  I’m not too far into it, but it’s good.  It’s funny, he just finished talking about school and the ‘odd’ teacher.  She was always reading them real books and studying nature, etc and I’m like ‘Ha! The ‘weird’ teacher is a Charlotte Mason teacher!  Just like Ella’s curriculum

No comments: