Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Yarn Along/Crafting On -28 August 2018

You may have noticed there was no Menu Plan Monday.  You won’t find one today either.  I’ve given up!  Don’t worry, likely just this week.  We’re back under a heat warning (they say 42C today) and Colin is getting busy with his seed cleaning.  It’s hard to know who will be around to feed and what we’ll want to eat while melting.  I am more than ready for the humidity to be gone.  Everything is damp, the furniture, the pillows, paper, etc.  Yuck.
For Yarn Along and Crafting On this week I have a finished project and a new one.
Finished Grandma’s socks.  They are so soft and squishy.  The colour still looks funny in the picture.  The top pair are for Ella.  She loves the bright colour but it’s Regia yarn so it’s a little scratchy.
Grandma had a check up with the respirologist in Renfrew last week.  We went with her so Ella could get some online time.  I walked past a display of books and found a new one -yeah I know, don’t judge a book by it’s cover but that’s what caught my eye.  This week I’m reading a real book!  Set during WWI, it’s a fairly light read, but I’m enjoying it.
Jennifer Robson, the author is from Ontario and even went to the University of Western Ontario.

No comments: