Thursday, December 21, 2017

O Christmas Tree

The days are whirling by a mile a minute and I just realized I forgot to share our tree.  We had to wait for Daddy to be finished combining corn so we were a little later than I hoped.  Also, it was a bitterly cold day -20C plus windchill.
Cedar Hill Christmas Tree farm has new wagons this year.  They have a very low step so now I can get in without a helpful ‘shove’ from Colin.
As usual, we decided on the first one Ella picked out -after traipsing around looking at a bunch of other trees.  Colin had a hard time cutting the tree down this year because the trunk was frozen (the saw might not have been the sharpest either, but no one listens when I say to bring ours!).
Back inside to warm up with some lunch and hot cocoa.  Ella and Daddy went out and did some sledding too.
The tree seemed bigger out in the field.  Oh well, Ella did a fabulous job like always just with fewer decorations.  I like my new garland for the door way.  I got it at Michaels for 50%.  It’s holly leaves and berries.

No comments: