Saturday, May 28, 2016

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real - Farmer Edition 28 May 2016

farm-girl-friday
pretty-happy-funny-real









Last weekend Colin found some red Trillium (Wake Robins).


Ella's fairy garden is coming along.  It's funny how the flowers in Ella's fairy garden bloom first this year.


The pink lily-of-the-valley is back and seems to be spreading.


The yard smells so sweet these days.


The apple trees are so full of blossoms.


The lilacs are putting on quite a show this year too.  


The pool's up to 83F so Ella's much happier now.  I still found it a little cold last night.
One last Happy is Colin is finally done planting.  He's so tired.  He's been running 14+ hour days for the last 2 1/2 months (cropping and seed cleaning).  He's still rather busy getting all the equipment cleaned up, oiled, and ready to put away again.   He needs to sleep solid for about a week.

And here's the Real.  When I left for camp the vetch and other weeds were just starting to poke through the leaves.  I came home to find this:


It took me an hour and half this morning to save my lily-of-the-valley that's hidden in this picture.  So now I have one clean little corner in my poor garden.

No comments: