Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Yarn Along -9 March 2016

yarnalong_gsheller_aqua
Still Wednesday, right?  A late Yarn Along this week because of a wicked migraine.  I've been fighting it since Monday and today my head had had enough.  Ella refused to do any more school until I went and laid down for a while.  She put my migraine cream on my temples and gave me a 'medicinal' coke.  I think it's finally gone.


Finished Grandma's socks.

Really didn't enjoy my book last week. From the Mouth of Ma: A Search for Caroline Quiner Ingalls was such a disappointing book.  Not only wasn't there enough 'book' for the money, but her opinion of Ma is very unfair.  Nearly every chapter she calls Ma cold and unfeeling because she doesn't mollycoddle the girls.  It's very unfair to look back and judge people of the past by modern standards.  Ma didn't have the luxury of sitting around handing out hugs after the grass fire.  She needed to get cleaned up and do other things.  There are lots of other examples but I won't bother mentioning them here.  Just save your money for a better, thicker book.

I did get another book this week.  My dad gave me a gift card for Chapters so I treated myself.  One book isn't in yet (just released yesterday), but this one just came in, Getting To Yum: The 7 Secrets Of Raising Eager Eaters.  It's by the same author who wrote French Kids Eat Everything ( And Yours Can, Too ).  I haven't read that book, but I've read lots on her website.  No one in our family eats well, so I'm hoping to get some ideas to get people eating their fruit and vegetables.

And last, but certainly not least, today is the Farmer's 46th birthday.  We didn't do much today since it was Guide night.  I'll make a good supper tomorrow and have his Dad and Step-mom over.


Happy Birthday Sweetheart!!

No comments: