Thursday, March 17, 2016

A Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real Yarn Along -17 March 2016

pretty-happy-funny-realyarnalong_gsheller_aqua



Absolutely no knitting to share for Yarn Along this week.  I've been busy with our costumes for Comic-Con.


I've been told it's OK to not be a comic book type person. so I'm going as a lady from 1918.  I made an Armistice blouse and walking skirt.  Both are from Folkwear and are really nice, though the walking skirt isn't as full as I would have wished.   I just noticed that I forgot to fold back the French cuffs before taking the pictures.  Today is sewing on a million buttons (not quite but there ARE 20).  Grandma is coming this afternoon to help with hemming the skirt.

My other Christmas money book arrived this week. Gertie's Ultimate Dress Book: A Modern Guide to Sewing Fabulous Vintage Styles.  Lots of interesting dresses but some rather low necklines, but that's easily fixed.  A good place to start.

And here's my Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real for this week:


No comments: