Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Yarn Along -18 March 2015

yarnalong_gsheller_aqua


Just about done Ella's afghan!!  I just need to fill in those top deep v's with 3 of the quarter sized squares just like the bottom edge.  I've also got a couple rows of ends to finish.  I can't believe it's only taken a year to do this, especially considering all the other things I've knit as well.


The Calico folks need more sleeping bags.  Knitting them made much more sense than fiddling around with crochet cotton.  Also, a few of the ladies still needed new dresses.  I think that's everyone now.


Finally finished this shawl that I started a while ago.  I need to get it blocked and will show you the really finished product later.  I'm hoping to sell this one because I need to raise some funds to take Ella to the naturopathic doctor to figure out what food allergy is bothering her poor little tummy.  I thought it was lactose, but there seems to be something more.  The yarn is yummy, a merino and cashmere blend.

Fun reading got put on hold because one of Ella's new school books for next year arrived. Handbook of Nature Study and I think we'll be signing up for the Outdoor Nature Hour to encourage us to get outside with a purpose.  Though they must be somewhere much warmer than we are since we're supposed to be looking for tree buds and wild flowers right now.  Ah, just looked at their Facebook page -northern California.  That explains everything.

I'm kind of in the knitting doldrums.  I have a bunch of stuff on the go (as usual) but nothing is grabbing my attention and saying 'knit me'.  

No comments: