Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Yarn Along -18 February 2015

yarnalong_gsheller_aqua
 
Yarn Along this week and a few pictures from the weekend.


Since we were away for the weekend I needed to bring lots of knitting.  Nothing better than sitting and knitting with the wood stove while the wind howls outside the window at -30C  (-22F).  I brought my scarf to work on during the day and some new Ella socks for night time when it's darkish and snuggled up watching movies.

Oh and look, a book!!  I found an old Indigo gift card (don't know how that happened!) and decided to treat myself.  I really enjoyed The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society: A Novel.  It wasn't the most scholarly book ever but it was a good holiday-type read.

As promised here's our weekend.


Saturday we went for a walk.  It was -30 but in the bush it wasn't too bad.


The horses weren't minding the weather either.


Colin takes the best pictures of me.  There was a bit of snow falling.  It was beautiful.


Our cabin (and our friend's house in the background).  Nice and cozy for Colin and I.  It has 2 bedrooms (with 2 beds each) but it's a little small with Ella if it's rainy  :)


And of course, nothing sexier than a man doing dishes.  Colin always takes care of the dishes when we are on holidays.  I still do the cooking, but it's nice not to have to wash too.  It's really nice not to have to wash eggs.

No comments: