Monday, December 15, 2014

Gaudete Sunday -15 December 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCuHuIQRd3M

This past Sunday was Gaudete Sunday, the Sunday of Joy, the third Sunday of Advent.  The hangings at church were pink as was the Advent wreath candle.  We were able to go to Ottawa for church again.  It was a very special day for Ella.


My beautiful girl received her First Communion.


Father even had a fancy little pin to give her to remember the day (and a certificate to come later).

Not only that, but she was in her first Christmas pageant too.  When we turned up for Sunday School everyone was getting in their costumes.  I told Ella she would have to come sit in church with Grandma and me and our friends.  Kate, the great Sunday School teacher, said it was no problem.  She found Ella an angel costume (fit her like it was made for her) and Ella got to be part of the heavenly host.  Ella was rather nervous but did a great job.


I didn't get a picture of the sheep.  They were so adorable.  They were only 2ish years old.
After church we went home with our friends to celebrate an early Christmas/Yule.  And guess what they gave me??


A pure-bred Siamese cat!  She's about 1 1/2 years old and so well mannered (so far).  Her people were moving so they were giving her away.  She looks so much like the Siamese I had when I finished university (and we just lost a couple years ago).  Her name is Zim -apparently some anime character.  Rather dumb name if you ask me. But she answers to it, so I guess it will have to stay.  She has really taken to Ella.  This is what we found when we went to bed and checked in on Ella:
 
Guess the 'no cat in bed' rule didn't last long.  Zim sure is cute though.

No comments: