Thursday, December 19, 2013

Yarn Along -18 December 2013

Yarn Along
A day late for Yarn Along, but this time it isn't my fault  :)  For the last  2 days I have been fighting with Photobucket about uploading my pictures.  There really wasn't much point of a knitting post without pictures??

Remember the knit a sweater in a month challenge in November?  Well I did it, if you account for the days I spent working on the fun test knit.  Have I ever mentioned how much I love Elizabeth Zimmerman patterns?  I'll sew in the ends once I'm sure it fits and is liked:
 

I also whipped up a 'Weeping Angel' for my BIL.  Dr. Who fans will recognize her from one of the creepiest episodes.


She didn't turn out quite like the pattern because I forgot the British use different terms for their crochet.  But she's 'cute' anyway.

Remember the Snow Family I made for Grandma last year?


When I saw the pattern for this Snow Lady I couldn't resist.  I love her Danish tie-shawl too!  The little snowmen are for some others.

I saw this post the other day about making an angel decoration for everyone you lose.  I like that idea, but didn't have the right colour of roving to make one like in the article.  So I searched around Ravelry and made this angel:


She's missing her halo, but hopefully my friend Teresa will have some beads just the right size.

No comments: