Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Yarn Along -25 September 2013


Yarn Along
Well, this week’s Yarn Along is perfect timing.  Three months till Christmas and I’m sharing the last of the gifts for the Advent swap (well not quite true, I may do a little snowman ornament depending on what I find at Taste of the Valley to buy).
yarn along -25 (1000x750)
I finished the shawl for my swap partner.  This pattern was so easy and turned out beautifully.  It’s a crescent shape so will sit around the neck  easily.  It was cloudy so I had to take the picture inside, but the colours are fairly accurate (maybe a little less ‘pink’).  In person, Ella and I think this yarn reminds us of early Autumn up here in the Ottawa Valley.  I sure hope she likes it.
yarn along -25 II (1000x750)
I knitted this apple to go in the apple cozy.  I can’t send fruit over the border (very dangerous) so I thought was a good alternative.
The little dolly I was really hemming and hawing over whether to try.  She’s a good size.  I don’t crochet much any more and I was afraid she would take too long.  Well, I guess I must crochet nearly as fast as I knit because I’m almost done.  She is so adorable if I do say so myself.  She’ll look very cute on Ella’s nature table for Halloween.
I actually have a new book to share with you.  It’s called Lace One-Skein Wonders: 101 Projects Celebrating the Possibilities of Lace and has some really beautiful patterns.  It even has a pattern by Mary Gildersleeve, the designer of the shawl I just finished.

No comments: