Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Yarn Along -21 August 2013

Yarn Along
Yarn Along this week is a part project.  I thought Ella needed 'official' kilt hose for her dance competitions and I went through a major panic when I found out they are over 100 pounds to import from Ireland.  So of course, me being me I started searching on Ravelry for highland dance socks.  Found the perfect thing, a kit even, but it doesn't seem to be available any more.  So, what's a knitter to do?
argyle 2 (1000x750)
Start a test argyle sock of course.  Turns out argyle isn't as big of a nightmare as I thought.  But the good news is I misread the dance requirements.  Ella is still in Pre-Premier and is allowed to wear white knee socks.  Now of course, we know what I'll likely be knitting now  :)
I'm still working on the fingerless gloves for my SIL.   It's slow going in sock with the cables but they are looking good.

No comments: