Monday, May 6, 2013

Menu Plan Monday -6 May 2013


menubutton
Menu Plan Monday again.  For the next few months I'm trying a new experiment to cut grocery costs.  I'm going from twice a month shopping to only shopping once a month.  Yes, I'll be stopping in from time to time (likely on dance night since we are in town any way) for fresh veggies and milk but that's it.  Last month was about $50 less than usual.

We've got a bit of extra school to do.  I just compared the current school week to the number of weeks left on the calendar and we are behind quite a few.  We really lost a bunch after Isobel died.  The lessons are fairly easy for Ella (almost too easy), so I think we can squish at least an extra half/full week into our regular weeks.  I want to be done most of our school work before the hot and stupid humid weather arrives.  I think we may do a bit of workbook learning over the summer just to stay in the habit, but nothing too strenuous.

Monday:
pb&h
leftover roast beef from my birthday supper on Saturday
Tuesday:
pizza
spaghetti and meatballs
Wednesday:
pizza
sugar pancake
Thursday: 
chicken salad
chili
Friday:
grilled cheese
Jane's chicken burger
Saturday:
tuna sandwich
Joey's Fish and Chips with Grandma for Mother's Day
Sunday:
steakhouse pizza -new Pioneer Woman cookbook and likely invite Grandpa over

What's cooking at I'm an Organizing Junkie?

No comments: