Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Yarn Along -6 March 2013


smalthings-yarnalong-lilac
Not too much knitting done this week for Yarn Along.  I've been fighting headaches - again!

Yarn Along -6 March
I have some new books to share.  I got a Chapters gift card from my Dad and Step-mom for Christmas so I finally spent it.  This is the new Pioneer Woman cookbook, Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From My Frontier.  Oh boy, I can't wait to try the recipes.  Nearly all of them sound so yummy.  I also got a preserving book, Saving the Seasons: How to Can, Freeze, or Dry Almost Anything.  I'm going to get more serious about storing food this year.  I'm so serious I also invested in this:

CIMG5533
I've never used a pressure canner before, but since frozen vegetables don't go over well around here I'll try canning.  It will also let me can meat and such and free up freezer space (for bread and such).  I can't wait to test it out.

Another reason I haven't had much knitting time is I'm trying to get the house organized.  This includes all my sewing supplies that have been living in the kitchen since Ella was born.  Before Ella, I had a sewing room upstairs.  But that really isn't practical with a small child.  Since then that room has been the catch -all space.  I need to get it all sorted and organized.
Which means I've had to finish a few projects.
slip1
This ironing board belonged to Colin's grandma.  She was my size but only weighed about 90 lbs (soaking wet).
slip
Slip finally finished.  It's really hard to take a picture of yourself.  Please ignore the dirty mirror, it's just for sewing and doesn't get dusted much.
new dress
I also got my new dress finished.  I was working on this before Isobel died and it kind of just got set aside.  It's got a tiny leaf/flower type print, but since it's tone on tone it's hard to photograph.  It's some of my Mennonite material I got in Elora.  Such nice quality cotton.  By the way, I hate having my picture taken :)
I am happy to show you that Ella's toys are still being put away in their assigned locations.  I often have to help, but she'll get it eventually.

No comments: