Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Yarn Along - 23 January 2013


smalthings-yarnalong-lilac
Wow, it is so cold in Ontario right now.  It was -34C this morning and now it's a balmy -25C.  It's actually WARMER in the pork freezers today.  Poor Colin, it's so hard working in this cold weather.

Just a few things to share today.  My SIL has her birthday at the end of the month and asked for some coffee cup cozies.  How could I refuse?
owl cozyNot sure why it was so hard to get a clear picture, it's not like the cup was moving  :)  This one has 3 owls and I think it's really cute.

But of course, one cozy isn't enough so I made one for her take-out coffee.
take out
And I couldn't stop at just these ones, so I made up a pattern.  The cables make x's and o's which we all know are also Hugs and Kisses.  I'll post the pattern later.
hugs and kisses
The pattern would show a little clearer in a plain yarn, but Ella really liked this yarn.
We are enjoying Tumtum and Nutmeg before bed and are looking forward to getting back to our Burgess animal book on Monday.

No comments: