Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pretty, Happy, Yarn Along -31 May 2012


I can't believe it's the end of May already, and things are only going to get busier.
Here are some finished Pretties to share for Yarn Along.  I've taken the pictures outside a la Yarn Harlot.
This is the shawl for my Mother-in-law for Christmas.  It blocked beautifully.  It's called Tree of Life in Winter Fichu.  I like it much better now that it's blocked.
Here's my new summer shawl.  I finally got my Icelandic shawl blocked.  I've made this pattern before but it was all natural.  I really like  the multi-coloured look (traditional or not).   
We found a pretty surprise hanging out the laundry the other day.  Some beautiful white columbine.  I knew there was columbine out here, but it's changed colours and is white this year.
Tuesday was the dress rehearsal at dance.  They looked so cute (and yes, Ella's suppose to be holding out her skirt).  I don't know who made the costumes this year but they are absolute crap!  I completely remade Ella's skirt (to make it one piece) besides having to do the hem and put the elastic in the blouse.  For some reason they made the blouses out of heavy sateen!  Not the optimal pick for peasant blouses.  After the rehearsal I brought home the skirt of one of the other little girls.  The white part was hanging 4 inches longer than the plaid!  I ended up having to re-hem the outer skirt too because the back was an inch longer.  Thanks to Belinda and Tammy (pizza fundraising) we only had to pay $20 for Ella's costume.  I hate to think what full price was for some of the other girls.  If I had to pay full price, I think I would have asked for my money back.
And that's my Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real for this week too.  Hopefully our internet will keep working and I can get my posts posted on time  :P

No comments: