Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Yarn Along -15 February 2012


Yarning Along again this week.  Not much reading going on these days, well, not Momma reading anyway.  So I thought I'd share with you what a week's worth of holiday knitting looks like.  I surprised myself considering I didn't spend all day knitting.


The small finished shawl is Cerasifera.  I used some of the beautiful merino Colin got from Knit Picks for me for Christmas.  The pattern was very easy.  I may not keep it though, it's not as big as I thought it would be and I don't think it will block big enough either.  I want it for an outside/keep my neck warm scarf/shawl and I'm not sure it's going to work.  Since it's Christmas wool, I'd rather frog it and make something I'd actually use.  I had fun knitting it any way.

Bottom left is almost half of the shrug I'm making our niece for Christmas (yes, the first present of 2012).  I've changed the cable pattern, I don't like to do bobbles.  I've also changed the pattern to circular, why make seams if you don't need them?  This is a very simple pattern.  I'm using the yarn I bought for Ella's Phoebe sweater KAL.

The bottom right is my Icelandic shawl.  It's made with more of the wool from Colin and the dark purple is from last Christmas and I've been waiting for the right project.  This is another project that might get frogged.  I'm not happy with the colour of the pearlescent.  I think it's too grey/brown.  I may have to find some cream/off-white instead.


Just about done the shrug now.  I'm on the final few decreases for the right sleeve.  It's hard to get a good picture of this yarn.  This one is a bit blurry but you get an idea of the cable.  When it's finished I'll have to try taking the picture with Ella wearing the shrug, maybe that will help.

No comments: