Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Yarn Along -7 December 2011

I just can't seem to get moving today.  It's nearly 10:30 and I'm just getting this post together.  I have so much I want/need to do and can't seem to get any of it started.

Yarning Along with Ginny again this week.


I've started a new shawl.  It's to replace the alpaca one.  It's made from Cascade's Heritage Paints.  It's a lovely merino/nylon blend that is so soft and comes in gorgeous colourways.   It's an everyday kind of shawl and this is working up beautifully.  I'm keeping track of my numbers this time so I can eventually share the pattern.

Our book this week is a new one.  Christmas with the Mousekins by Maggie Smith.  It's a very cute story with crafts and recipes.  I love stories about old-fashioned mouse families, though after the problem we had this fall I have to wonder why  :)  This book had perfect timing with its arrival.  Ella and I went to church with Grandpa and Grandma Fletcher since there was no service at our church (long story).  Ella went to Sunday school and they made angels.  But the children weren't allowed to take the angels home.  The teacher put them up on the bulletin board.  Needless to say, Ella was rather disappointed.  Turns out that in this book they give a pattern for a cute little mouse angel -the same style angel as Ella made at church.  So you know what we'll be doing later this week.

My KAL is done.  Not done as in finished, but done as in I'm not knitting it any more.  I decided it's not going to fit Ella and I need to cut my losses.  Now I need to find a new sweater pattern for 3 big balls of chunky yarn.  Any suggestions?

No comments: