Friday, July 29, 2011

Farm Girl Friday -29 July 2011

This year and this summer really needs to slow down.  Time is going by so quickly.  And I swear I can see Ella growing these days.  That makes times like this even more special.


Ella and I enjoyed a lovely tea party yesterday for 'coffee break'.  We had apple cake and drinks.  I was nursing a headache so I was having a 'medicinal' coke.  Ella was being a princess, so ate her cake with a knife and fork and took tiny, tiny bites.

I am so frustrated with Wal-Mart.  I am making some chokecherry jelly and needed some cheesecloth.  Silly me, I expected to find some at Wal-Mart in the canning department.  But guess what, they don't have any because 'canning season is over'.  Funny, I thought it was just starting.  For my Canadian readers, if you need canning supplies go to Canadian Tire.  They are just starting to get the canning supplies out.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I've only ever bought cheesecloth once, and I found it at the grocery store. You probably go through a ton more of it than I do.