Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bluebird

When my Knit Night friend made an adorable bird for her daughter for Christmas, I knew I had to make one for Ella for Easter.  Wow, did this ever knit up quickly.  It's from the Itty-Bitty Toys book.

  Here's the sweet little egg sitting in the nest, and then...












the egg turns into a cute little blue bird.   I thought it looked great sitting in my Christmas cactus that thinks it's an Easter cactus.

If I make any more of these, I will definitely change how it is sewn together.  I'm not sure why the author has you sew the egg and body together before adding the head and wings.  It would me much easier to do before attaching the egg.

2 comments:

Diann said...

How cute is that?! Ella will love it!
Have you tried to get on Kimberly's web sites lately? She was posting pics from their trip to Disneyland the other day, and now her blogs have disappeared! I wonder what's up with that?!

Paula said...

send me an email Diann

fletchingtonfarmsatgmaildotcom