Saturday, December 11, 2010

December 11 -Tree!!

We were going to go for the tree tomorrow, but apparently the weather folks are calling for 'snowageddon' so we decided to go today.  We're trying a new tree farm in Petawawa. It was a perfect day to go.  There were light flurries falling and it wasn't bitterly cold and the snow was a good depth for walking.  The Christmas I was pregnant with Ella the snow was thigh deep in the bush.  Needless to say I got left home that year.

The pickings were slim for trees in our height range (8-9ft) but in another 1-2 years selection should improve.  We found a nice tree, not too shaped and with spaces for my dangly decorations.

I must admit, this is one of the nice things about being married.  I don't miss having to try and cut down a tree myself and then drag it out of the bush.  It's helpful having a man around  :)

Ella was much more help decorating the tree than I thought she would be.  She drove me crazy all afternoon while Daddy was in the barn though.  Daddy puts on the lights, garland and angel before we can start decorating.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

1 comment:

Diann said...

Looks like a nice tree - can't wait to see it decorated! I've never gotten to pick out my own tree and cut it down before. We just used to go to a pre-cut tree lot. At least you know your tree is fresh and wasn't cut down a month before!