Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Love

In case you hadn't guessed, my darling husband turns 40 today.  We had a family birthday party at his Mom's house on Sunday.  It was nice to get together with the family.  It's funny, when our parent's turned 40 it seemed 'so old'.  But now that Colin is 40 and I'm fast approaching it, it really doesn't seem so old after all. 


This is supposed to be a nice family, birthday picture but Ella was in such a weird mood.  She's going through a growth spurt and really tied (i.e. grumpy) but even when I make her lie down for the afternoon, she doesn't fall asleep.  Though falling asleep would require Ella actually stop talking.  I don't know what to do with her when she's like this.  She misbehaves a lot but if I speak to her she cries like I've broke her heart.  Everything is a tragedy to Ella these days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, Happy Birthday Colin! Try a little quiettime video, like VeggieTales. Give her a blankie and get her all cozy, and the deal is that you have to be quiet, you can't play with toys, just be quiet and cozy. It might work. My children all stopped taking in their bed naps long before age 3, this video diversion worked pretty well.

Paula said...

Thanks Kimberly I'll have to give that a try. When I put her to bed she usually makes such a mess out of her bed (toys everywhere).

Diann said...

Happy Birthday to your Hubby! He sure doesn't look his age! (I can barely remember my 40th, LOL)Have a happy year, Colin!