Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Day

Not much cleaning got done today. It was so beautiful and Ella wanted to play outside. So outside we went. I did get most of the smocking done for Ella's new sundress. Ella had a grand time. Daddy and I decided she was big enough to have the slide that goes with her swing set. Daddy attached it after lunch. Ella was excited after her nap. She loves to slide.

I did get a load of barn clothes washed and dried. Finally caught up on laundry. Bread day today, I made some oatmeal bread. I like to pretend it's better for us than regular white bread. I just can't seem to get us switched over to brown bread. I must admit, I'm the real die-hard white bread eater -I really hate to admit that I like store bought bread the best (unless it's warm, fresh homemade). I also got some cookies made.

Healthy Oat Chocolate Chip -makes about 5 doz. Colin got into them before I counted :)

1/2 c applesauce 2 eggs
4 Tbsp butter 2 tsp vanilla
2/3 c wt. sugar 1 cup br. sugar
1 tsp salt 2 tsp bk soda
2 tsp cinnamon 1 1/2 c quick oats
1 1/2-2 c chocolate chips

Combine all the wet ingredients. Add in the dry, adding the oat and chips last. Drop onto lined cookie sheets. Bake 350F for 10-12 min. Let cool completely before removing from liner.

Since these have little oil/fat I would keep any extras in the freezer, they might go stale quickly. Though the rate cookies disappear around here, that will likely not be a problem.

No comments: