Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year ...

LP Nativity I love the holiday season. I just wish it was celebrated properly. There is such a frantic lead up to Christmas Day and then nothing. I actually know people who take all their decorations down on Boxing Day! Really, the Advent season should be like Lent; a time of fasting and prayer leading up to one of the holiest days in the Christian year. I'm not saying I observe Advent as I "should", but we certainly take time to light our Advent candles and truely reflect on the season. I try to make sure the Christmas season only starts on Christmas day. Our tree stays up until Epiphany (Jan 6), except the year it shed way too many needles to keep that long. People forget that the 12 Days of Christmas starts December 25.

I'm well prepared for Christmas this year. Major presents were purchased months ago, as I could afford them. Stocking stuff purchased these last few weeks. I have nearly all my cookies made and ready to be boxed and delivered. The only thing hanging over my head is the present for my sister and her hubby. It's taking much longer than anticipated. She's very forgiving if she has to wait for actual gift delivery. I have another smaller gift for each so there will be something to open on the big day. Ella will be such fun this year, she really understands what's going on this year, I just have to get her to wait till Christmas day to unwrap the presents already under the tree.

3 comments:

SquishyCuteStuff said...

I saw that Fisher-Price nativity set at Walmart...how cute! We have one that is Playmobil brand, but I forgot to get it out this year :P

(ps...I am LuvMaerz)

Paula said...

Hi

I've wanted a creche for a long time but the "grown-up" ones are so expensive. I saw this one at Sears last year and just had to get it. Though we must read Noah's ark too much because Ella calls it her ark :)

Kjunebug said...

We have both the Playmobil and the FP version. The Playmobil one is mixed with all the other PM stuff, so the FP is the one we had out. Even though the children are getting older, I like having a set out that is totally touchable and worry-free. My children would "play" with a glass set if it were out and it just doesn't seem right to discipline them for recreating Bible stories.

God Bless your New Year!!